- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
The Voice designer will implement the artistic vision and technical and organizational content pertaining to the voices/dialogues at all game production phases (design, prototype, create, support and implement).
What you'll do:
- Understand the vision and scope of the project to design a voice system and related features (or adapt existing material). The system must also be designed to support and reinforce other design aspects (game/level/sound design);
- Create a voice integration pipeline (or modify an existing pipeline) that is in line with the project vision and inform the units that work with voices (scriptwriters, animators, localisation, etc.). Adapt the pipeline and tools used based on project modifications and the needs of the other design teams (game/level/sound design) by collaborating with the programming and a transversal team;
- Organize and share data (Mocap and studio recordings, automatic dialogue replacements, temporary robotic voices, etc.) to facilitate voice integration by other working units;
- Give effect to the impact of the voice requests when defining the project objectives as well as in terms of costs and resources and make recommendations based on the project vision;
- Share the document with the programming team to modify tools (game engine, oasis) and add features in the sound engine;
- Assign tasks to sound programmers in collaboration with the GPPM to create specific voice/dialogue tools;
- Contribute to casting with the scriptwriter and creative director to select the best actors for the game;
- Lead voice/dialogue integration in the game and supervise voice/dialogue integrators in these tasks and related tasks;
- Help prepare and set out the voice content of the mocap sessions;
- Define and carry out voice processing whenever effects are required (e.g. fantasy game);
- Validate the voice/dialogue recording sessions with the sound engineer and voice director;
- Take part in voice recordings by providing input to the voice director on dialogue recordings by ensuring that the intonations, intentions and projections are credible in light of the script;
- Help plan voice/dialogue production and follow up on these elements throughout the production process in collaboration with the production manager/associate producer;
- Support localisation by sharing knowledge on the voice systems and their features to provide information on the work to be carried out and follow up on changes to ensure that all elements are in line with the project and expected deliverables;
- Ensure that voice/dialogue mixing meets reference standards;
- Establish the voice/dialogue test plans with the QA team;
- Play an active role in debugging and ensure the quality of the final product;
What you bring to the team:
- 5-8 years’ professional experience in scripting and/or game design;
- Participation in at least one game production;
- Voice/dialogue production experience in film or television as a voice director/technician
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to quickly learn new software;
- Ability to direct voice recording sessions;
- Extensive scripting, post-production and voice production knowledge;
- Basic audio equipment knowledge;
- Basic knowledge of Pro Tools;
- Knowledge of voice and voice history in video games and experience in the field
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.