Lighting Artist (F/M/NB/) - Unannounced Project
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Play as a team, Race for excellence, and Get creative! At Ubisoft Ivory Tower, we live by these values every day since 2007. Join us to work on a new exciting project as a Lighting Artist (F/M/NB).
Under the supervision of the Lead Artist, you will be responsible for creating and adjusting various lighting atmospheres for game environments. In collaboration with artistic and technical teams, you will implement the lighting for environments while respecting gameplay, level design, and readability needs. You will not hesitate to propose strong and inspired atmospheres that allow players to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of each level.
- Translate artistic direction and game design intentions into lighting and color choices.
- Master the quality of lighting and make necessary improvements. Communicate. with other teams (animators, level artists, level designers, etc.) to ensure their needs are well understood and an effective approach to lighting is implemented.
- Participate in efforts to debug the final product.
- Solid knowledge of direct, indirect, and luminance lighting.
- Good knowledge of a recent game engine like Unreal Engine.
- Understanding of the challenges of dynamic lighting through GI (PBR rendering pipeline, etc.).
- Knowledge and interest in photography and cinematography.
- Notions of directing and staging are appreciated.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment in French or English.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.