Game Security Technical Lead (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As the Technical Lead for Game Security at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will guide a team of currently 9 adept engineers, driving them to deliver cutting-edge security solutions for our games. If you are experienced and passionate about game security and anti-cheat you will find yourself in an environment with like-minded and highly motivated individuals.
What you will do:
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager to translate objectives into technical requirements.
- Engage with Technical Leads across various business units to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Lead the team in the design and implementation of game security products.
- Moderate technical discussions and facilitate decision-making processes.
- Ensure consistency in technical decisions and uphold quality standards.
- Serve as a reference for team members on technical matters.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a game security specialist/engineer.
- 2+ years of experience as a technical lead.
- You are open to relocate to Düsseldorf, Germany
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- Background in highly scalable online services.
- Expertise in game security or anti-cheat mechanisms.
- Familiarity with Windows Driver development.
- Know-how in monitoring the health of SaaS offerings and site reliability engineering.
- A team player, fostering close interactions with colleagues to align and progress together.
- Proactive, initiating actions instead of waiting for directives.
- Realistic, acknowledging that success often involves exploring multiple paths.
- Economical, understanding that achieving perfection can hinder progress.
- Dignified, handling challenges with composure, ensuring your passion contributes to productivity.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary, and your motivation to join us.
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.
For further information, please check https://bluebyte.ubisoft.com/en/studios/