Environment/Prop Artist [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.
As our new Environment/Prop Artist (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Mainz, you will take on a central role in our small interdisciplinary team and make a significant impact on the visual appearance of a yet unannounced project. The focus is on the creation and integration of 3D content that matches the vision and technology of the project.
What you will do:
- Close collaboration with the Art Director to work within the visual style of the game.
- Modelling, texturing and implementation of realistic and high-quality 3D assets.
- Integration of 3D assets into the game engine meeting both engine and quality requirements.
- Ensuring technical and artistic follow-up of the assets imported into the game including necessary improvements.
- Maintaining quality, efficiency and consistency across your work.
- Establishing artistic benchmarks and ensuring regular monitoring.
- Ensuring the performance and technical quality of 3D environment assets.
- Setting up configuration, dynamic objects and other functionalities of art assets.
What you bring:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an Environment/Prop Artist or 3D Artist; a shipped commercial title is a plus.
- Proficient with 3DSMax and/or Maya, Blender, Zbrush.
- Very good knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Complete familiarity with various steps in the design of real-time 3D assets: high and low poly modelling, baking processes (organic and hard surface), and texturing (realistic).
- Great understanding of next gen asset creation and PBR workflow, with the ability to modify and improve them.
- Ability to construct and elaborate on assets/props based on key reference or concepts.
- Strong understanding of balancing quality standards and game performance in a game engine.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills.
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of realistic architectural assets and props.
- Examples of materials and high quality textures.
- Show both organic and hard surface works.
- Examples of style variety.
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art and composition skills, demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/.