Online Programmer [Rainbow Six Siege ] (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Note: This position can be filled at any of the three studio locations in Germany (Düsseldorf, Berlin or Mainz)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege is an intense, new approach to the first-person tactical online shooter experience. You can now join our team to help us shape this amazing project.
As an Online Programmer on our team, you will work alongside world-class developers of different specializations, ranging from Engine, Network and Front-End Programming. Everyone on the team is eager to share their knowledge and for you to contribute your own expertise.
You will be given the opportunity to work on mandates that impact the overall performance of the title, as well as the productivity of the worldwide development team itself. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege is an ever-evolving title, as such, you will be tasked with finding solutions for complex technical challenges in our title, which boasts over 80 million registered players across 5 different platforms.
What you will do:
- Investigate efficient implementation options for new features in coordination and collaboration with several other teams in different studios on three continents.
- Develop performant and reliable components for monetization features, improving the overall shopping experience for the game.
- Design, build, and implement microservices for exciting new Rainbow Six Siege features.
- Integrate existing and new online services
- Propose sensible code refactoring and reduce technical debt.
- Contribute to maintaining our code at a high level of quality.
- Analyze existing code and infrastructure to optimize performance, minimize errors and enhance the overall player experience
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, or similar qualification with a strong technical background.
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing and optimizing online systems.
- Strong skills in C++.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Golang.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Focus on efficiency, code quality and user experience.
- Ability to compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (our studio language is English).
- Passion for video games and technology.
- You are open to relocate to the general area of Duesseldorf, Berlin or Mainz in Germany
*Experience in working with SQL / Relational Databases is a plus.
*Experience in on-demand cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/etc.) is a plus.
*Deep understanding of game development process and practice is a plus.
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.
For further information, please check https://bluebyte.ubisoft.com/en/studios/