Senior AI Programmer (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Berlin is home to nearly 150 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A DATA SCIENCE POSITION
We are now accepting applications for Senior AI Programmers [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d) to be based at our studio in Berlin.
AI Programmers are responsible for designing and implementing the systems behinds NPCs and other elements in the game which are not controlled by the player.
What you will do:
- Implement and optimize existing AI systems, such as Behaviour Trees, Finite State Machine, Utility Systems, etc.
- Communicate with designers to make sure the AI systems in the engine support their requirements.
- Investigate and fix the bugs detected by the production and quality control teams
- Establish the technical possibilities for the different features
- Explore and understand the game design documents to define the required features and game systems that must be developed in the engine
- Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code
What you bring:
- Three or more years of experience in the game industry.
- Experience working with AI systems (Behaviour Trees, Finite State Machine, GOAP, Pathfinding, etc)
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Excellent knowledge in C++
- Experience in working on existing engines
- Ability to work efficiently with large, existing code bases
- Excellent communication and good English skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying (if applicable)
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.
For further information, please check https://berlin.ubisoft.com/en/.