Senior Generalist C++ Programmer [Rainbow Six Siege] (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
- Production Technology Group Job: No
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Rainbow Six Siege is the acclaimed first-person shooter franchise. Inspired by the reality of counter terrorist operatives across the world, Rainbow Six Siege invites players to master the art of destruction. Intense close quarters confrontations, high lethality, tactics, team play, and explosive action are at the center of the experience.
As a Senior Generalist Programmer (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf for Rainbow Six Siege, you will work on various challenging technological topics across different game features. Furthermore, you will use your experience and overview over the project to identify technological training needs, assess risks and mentor colleagues.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Lead Programmers of different studios to identify and coordinate technical training needs.
- Participate in programming tasks covering various features from Online Services to UI.
- Gain a deep understanding of technologies, game mechanics, systems, and their dependencies.
- Identify and report risks and opportunities during the development process.
- Provide solutions to resolve challenging tech issues and make proposals for architectural decisions.
- Participate in knowledge management by writing documentations and preparing trainings.
- Participate in recruiting new talented team members.
- Coach and mentor Programmers to develop their technical skills and support them to work efficiently and achieve a high level of quality.
What you bring:
- You are an experienced software developer with 5+ years of professional development experience with C++.
- You possess a deep understanding of various programming principles.
- Ideally you already have a thorough understanding of AAA video game production or similar large scale software projects.
- You are self-organized and comfortable planning tasks and dependencies.
- You have a good sense of leadership and team spirit enhanced by very good communication skills.
- You have an open and innovative mindset.
- You already have some experience in leading a team or mentoring new team members.
*Experience with Golang is a plus.
*Experience with cloud providers & technologies is a plus.
*Experience working with GitLab is a plus.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.