Character Artist [New IP] (565)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
As a Character Artist you are passionate about creating 3D models of standout characters that will be key to the story and lore of the game. You have an eye for scale and perspective, and love to get stuck into research to ensure the historical accuracy of garment construction and how the character’s clothes would actually work, move and feel.
You enjoy collaborating with a close-knit team to hone in on the finer details of characters, bringing a story to life through interesting and accurate character builds. Being passionate about your craft, you’ll thrive on conducting in depth research, and receiving and giving constructive feedback through peer review sessions in order to continuously improve the quality and consistency of your work.
To you, it’s the opportunity to work on something new and exciting, a project that piques your interest and pushes your boundaries. You’re the kind of person who understands the value of collaboration and clear communication. You enjoy seeing your contribution to the bigger picture and value the opportunity to learn from talented and respected peers.
At Ubisoft, we put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing. Our employees are the heart of everything we do and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
As our next Character Artist, you will play an integral part in telling a new story, working closely with concept artists to bring to life the Art Director’s creative vision through tone and style with realistic characters that define vital moments and concepts inspired by the project’s narrative and design.
What will you bring to us?
- A portfolio consisting of at least 3 Character Art pieces that showcase your understanding of 3D character creation and garment construction.
- Good knowledge of Physical Based Rendering and lighting;
- In-depth understanding of human and animal anatomy;
- Strong knowledge of 3d modelling, topology, clothing creation, texturing, sculpting and LOD creation
Joining Ubisoft you will contribute to a fun and friendly team who value openness and inclusivity as one of our key pillars. You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career whilst sharing our continued success as we expand our ever-growing catalogue of games.
With us, you’ll be part of a highly talented team aiming to create a whole new world for our players as we strive to successfully release the next big Ubisoft IP.
You’ll demonstrate an eye for detail and strong communication skills to work closely with our other teams, creating realistic characters both playable and NPC that our players will fall in love with.
Your passion for learning and development will enable you to push boundaries and continue to grow and progress in your role, with limitless opportunities to reach your full potential.
To us, it’s more than just a job at Ubisoft. It’s a journey. It’s an experience. A way to bring players and communities together. A place to celebrate our differences. A place to grow.
What we’ll provide:
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support - should you need it
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Aaron, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy
Talent Specialist LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronhooperrecruiter/