Senior Technical Level Designer (F/M/NB)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAAA’s game in order to offer the best gaming experiences to our players. Today, the studio has more than 420 talents, from 15 different nationalities, who work on licenses such as Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil 2, plus other unannounced free-to-play games. We are also working on exciting technologies with the Anvil team, Online services teams and with La Forge who seek to validate the value of technological innovations.
As part of a new AAA unannounced game production team, you will:
- Master the procedure for creating high-quality standard Level Design content (world, ingredients, progression, AI, etc…)
- Create clear and solid communication streams with Design directors, producers and programmers to discuss creative improvement, planning deadlines and technical requirements.
- Conduct and report gameplay prototypes with related jobs (art, sound, animation, etc…)
- Provide technical coaching to Level Designers with accessible and exhaustive documentation and dedicated threads to ensure the appliance of good practices and methodologies updates.
- Propose relevant improvements on the different tools and pipelines.
- Ensure cleanliness and stability of the data.
- Set and maintain a clear tasks backlog using organization-oriented tools.
- Relevant experience in working on AAA titles
- Basic understanding of script languages (C# preferably)
- Knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Good organization skills
- Software knowledge (Photoshop, 3DS Max/Blender, Houdini) and at least one editor skills (Unreal / Unity)
- A passion for video games as well as significant in-depth knowledge of the Technical Design field and philosophy, especially towards open worlds
- Strong knowledge of systemic and procedural approaches is a must
- A great design sense, with strong communication skills, critical thinking and an creative potential.
- A team player with a willingness to share feedbacks and help members of the team grow themselves.
- Strong analytic skills
- Phone interview with one of our recruiters
- Technical interview with the business teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not selected, you will receive a negative response.
As an employer, Ubisoft offers equal employment opportunities to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability and age. Ubisoft is committed to developing an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of its gaming community in its teams. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.