Lead Animator (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As our new Lead Animator (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will be responsible for leading and managing a projects’ Animation team, setting objectives for both short term and long term, driving quality standards, creating benchmarks, and collaborating with Directors and Technical Animators to deliver AAA game animations.
What you will do:
- Build, develop, and nurture a strong, empowered team with a healthy, diverse, and supportive team culture
- Define, prioritize, assign, and regularly follow up on tasks and the team’s progress together with the producers and production managers
- Provide support, guidance, and feedback for the internal animation team
- Establish animation standards and provide feedback for animations from external vendors
- Be the main point of contact for other teams and act as a representative of the animation team
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience as an Animator in game development
- Experience in leading, coaching, mentoring or training other team members
- Strong understanding of keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation
- Proven experience on at least one shipped title
- Being able to work with complex game animation systems and extensive animation state machines
- Excellent knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
- Understand the technical workflows and tools in animation production for games with the ability to modify and improve them
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- You are Fluent in English, both verbally and written
* Experience with node-graphs and node-based engines is a plus
* Ability to create custom tools and scripts with Python is a plus
* Rigging experience is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred) or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
- Examples of animation style variety
- Examples of environment animation or visual effects (optional)
- Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package (optional)
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.