Senior Technical Artist
- Flexible Working Organization: Full remote
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to join our multidisciplinary and international team, working on Tom Clancy’s The Division: Heartland, where active communication and collaboration is crucial, and where people are eager to achieve the best player experience possible together.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you’ll work with industry-leading tools, within our proprietary engine, and collaborate with a team of Concept Artists, Character Artists, Level Artists, and Prop Artists to help create and optimize high quality technical art content for video games.
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
What you'll do:
- Enforce memory and performance budgets for artists and educate more junior members on them.
- Oversee and implement optimization of levels and manage memory and frame rates.
- Build automated and efficient pipelines based on the technology provided by engineering.
- Establish best practices for art pipelines and workflows.
- Report bugs, track issues, and prioritize needs.
- Document, maintain, and present art tools and scripts.
- Work with artists to identify and solve technical issues with existing tools.
- Identify and solve art pipeline tool inefficiencies and propose new tool ideas.
- Assist content creators with maximizing available technology.
- Work with engineering to develop new technologies.
- Provide Art assets as needed.
- Implement major features and effects and help instruct others on how to help you implement those things.
- Serve as a buffer between programming and art to make sure all artists understand the guidance from engineering and that all guidelines and optimization methods are followed.
- Assist the Level Art team with performance budget and technical questions.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- 5+ years game development experience
- Ability to solve and preemptively identify technical issues for tool development in game production.
- Ability to educate others on content pipeline and toolset and have a deep understanding of the processes and pipelines.
- Experience with modeling, texturing, and shading for games.
- Experience creating environment art or character art/animation.
- Demonstrated skills in advanced programming/scripting and ability to architect systems and pipelines.
- Deep understanding of art asset/code/game hardware interaction. Able to profile and fix issues.
- Advanced Art pipeline/asset optimization skills.
- Knowledge of what makes game content run slowly and how to make it faster.
- Ability to teach others debugging art for game engines.
- Ability to change workflows and tools as needed and as new workflows and methods become available.
- Must be an advanced communicator, both verbally and written.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives and guide others to meet their objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with match
- New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time
- 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
- Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft are committed to making our own active contribution to global carbon neutrality. In September 2020, we implemented a long-term commitment called Play Green acts on two key priorities:
Reduce the company’s carbon footprint by decarbonizing our direct operations on 4 levers: transition to renewable energy, efficiency, self-restraint and shift towards low carbon alternatives. Inspire team members, partners and players by raising awareness our stakeholders and encouraging positive action for the climate and the environment.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.