Senior UX Designer (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Berlin is home to nearly 150 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
The Senior UX Designer will be part of a multidisciplinary features team working closely with other disciplines (Production, Game Design, User Experience, User Interface, Technical Art, Programming, QA). They are responsible for delivering the best player experience. They provide general UX guidelines as well as detailed designs. They ensure the experience is in line with the Creative Vision.
What you will do:
- Ensuring optimal usability: You’ll remove unwanted friction across the player journey.
- Boosting engage-ability: You’ll enhance player motivation and engagement.
- Advocating for UX: You’ll support the diffusion of user-centric guidelines defined by the UX Direction.
Analysis & Research
- Lead user-centered iterative prototyping processes to validate design intentions and test interactions.
- Design user interfaces and write the associated documentation in collaboration with UI team including wireframes and menu flows.
- Map player journeys in collaboration with Game Designers.
- Support development teams in the design of signs & feedback and onboarding solutions for game mechanics.
- Design Service features to support the online experience of the game: toxicity management, shop, etc.
- Identify improvement areas in the game or features to maximize player comfort, engagement, and retention.
- Promote user-centricity in the development of the features you work on by providing development teams with best practices and solutions.
- Produce UX documentation such as glossary to support UX evangelization and align development teams.
- Efficiently use player data analytics, user research resources and persona throughout the entire development process of the game.
- Conduct UX benchmarks and competitive watch to stay up to date on trends to evolve our best practices and attain optimal results.
What you bring:
- You can think holistically.
- You can navigate complex situations and tasks with a problem-solving approach.
- Your analytical skills and ability to combine various sources of data allow you to make data-informed design decisions.
- You can deal with diverse stakeholders driven by various priorities and interests.
- You show excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience in the video game industry. Visual design skills. Interest for games.
Knowledge and Experience
- Work experience of at least 5 years in a similar position in digital products development.
- Strong knowledge of information architecture, ergonomic and accessibility principles.
- Interaction design knowledge with a user-centric approach. You are expert in prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch. Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying. The portfolio should contain the following:
- UX Expert Reviews.
- Wireframes and prototypes.
- Flows and user journeys.
- Any video game reference is a plus.
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://berlin.ubisoft.com/en/.