Technical Architect – Rainbow Six Siege
- Production Technology Group Job: No
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
As a technical architect at Ubisoft Montreal, you will build and maintain a technology ecosystem that facilitates the work of production teams so that they can invest their time and talent in what counts most: content creation.
Through evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and decisions, you will build a solid technology structure that will not only maximize the project’s production capacity, but, thanks to your in-depth knowledge of the code for the chosen machine and your strong reactivity, will also stand the test of time and keep up with the rapidly evolving video game industry.
As a key resource person for all things “development”, you will ensure that teams are aligned so that their work is on track with the set technological direction, and you will share your perspective and expertise with your colleagues.
About Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six Siege is a constantly evolving game as a service, a competitive, esports-oriented 5v5 PVP shooter. Over the last 6 years, we have continuously added new content while simultaneously enhancing our technical and data foundations.
Surrounded by colleagues specialized in delivering core tech, throughout your onboarding - and beyond - you'll have the support of a host of experts who will help you develop and refine your skills while collectively elevating the quality and vision of the game.
As a team, we firmly believe:
- In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
- In iterative development and delivering value to players quickly (we ship live every 2 weeks 😊).
- That nothing is off-limits, and it’s possible (and encouraged) to deliver major technical improvements in small increments.
- That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
What you’ll do
- Define the technology vision for the project and lead the design of new gear, or features and tools, when the current assets no longer measure up.
- Identify and ensure the feasibility of improvements to the equipment and tools required for the success of the project.
- Ensure consistency, efficiency, scalability, modularity, and compatibility of the features developed by the team.
- Be a reference in the analysis and resolution of technical problems.
- In collaboration with technical management, communicate the technical limitations of the equipment, tools, or systems to production to inform them of their options and the best practices associated with them.
- Define the measures to be implemented to ensure optimal performance.
- Equip project teams (graphics, design, animation, etc.) to produce content within the defined technical framework
- Evaluate existing internal and external engines and tools to determine their respective strengths and weaknesses and recommend the most appropriate ones based on objectives and expectations.
- Anticipate technological advances and challenges brought about by new equipment (such as consoles) and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Create reference materials on the engine and tools to contribute to reusing, sharing and collaboration at Ubisoft.
What you bring
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or other relevant education)
- Extensive programming and technical leadership experience
- Proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++ and C#
- Strong code optimization skills
- In-depth knowledge of software architecture principles
- A good understanding of best practices and development tools (Visual Studio, GitLab, Perforce, etc.)
- Relational and communication skills to help strengthen collaboration A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology and help others improve their skills
- A strong curiosity and thirst for learning that pushes you to strive for constant improvement
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Please note: Friday 23th through Monday 2rd of January are Ubisoft's holiday gift to our employees for a well-deserved vacation. Because of this, there will likely be a delay in reply until possibly Tuesday 3th of January 2023 when most of our team returns.
I will get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, I send your way my warmest wishes for a delightful holiday and prosperous new years.