Mid-Senior Lighting Artist
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
The lighting artist designs and creates photorealistic CG lighting to meet the project’s technical and aesthetic standards. As part of the lighting team, in collaboration with supervisors and leads, you participate in providing the compositing department with the necessary elements for shot completion.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with other artists/departments to achieve asset look development;
- Work towards shot completion in collaboration with with the rest of the team;
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues, and optimize rendering within the established timeline;
- Participate to find the best approach to meet technical challenges;
- Give team leads constructive feedback;
- Manage workloads effectively.
What you bring
- Experience creating photorealistic lighting using software such as Houdini, Maya or Katana;
- Experience in the film and VFX industry
- Experience with HDR images and image-based lighting;
- Ability to take direction, follow established techniques and work in a team oriented environment;
- Demonstrate independence and autonomy;
- Know the basics of digital compositing (Nuke);
- Good knowledge of shaders;
- Advanced knowledge of digital compositing;
- Programming skills are a plus;
- Expertise in team management is also a plus.
Founded in 1991, Hybride was the first digital visual effects company established in Quebec. For over 30 years, the Hybride team has been reinventing the VFX industry, one project at a time.
Our passion for innovation and our team’s creativity are recognized throughout the industry and remain the cornerstone of our work philosophy. Our team is comprised of over 200 highly qualified creators working in two creative spaces located in Piedmont, in the Laurentians, and in the Mile-End district of Montreal.
Our repertoire holds prestigious titles such as 300, Avatar, Hunger Games and Jurassic World, as well as in the last 6 instalments of the Star Wars franchise and the new Disney+ high-end TV series, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi and Andor.
At Hybride, first and foremost, we are good human beings, who value well-being and solidarity. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
You can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences