- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
The animation department is a small hub of creative and hardworking artists from many diverse backgrounds where professionalism, trust, and fun rub shoulders every day. The animation department is currently growing and looking to onboard new teammates. We are looking forward to new projects with new challenges and high-quality work deliveries.
What you'll do
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work;
- Lead creation of outstanding animation for graphics, creatures, and objects within a shot, using various animation software programs;
- Comprehend and execute direction given from the lead animator or animation supervisor;
- On occasion, supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high-level animators at the discretion of the animation supervisor;
- Train and mentor new animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during production;
- Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation;
What you bring
- Excellent realistic character and creature animation skills;
- Ability to manage complex scenes;
- Thorough knowledge of 3D animation techniques;
- Good knowledge of 3D in general (modeling, lighting, simulation);
- Very good knowledge of 3D animation software, preferably Maya;
- Familiar with motion builder and character rigging;
- Excellent communicator who can both provide and receive critical feedback;
- Must have a positive team approach.
- Experience in the film and visual effects industry;
- Experience with motion capture;
- Rigging experience;
- Leadership experience is an asset and the ability to mentor other artists is also a plus.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Founded in 1991, Hybride was the first digital visual effects company established in Quebec. For over 30 years, the Hybride team has been reinventing the VFX industry, one project at a time.
Our passion for innovation and our team’s creativity are recognized throughout the industry and remain the cornerstone of our work philosophy. Our team is comprised of over 200 highly qualified creators working in two creative spaces located in Piedmont, in the Laurentians, and in the Mile-End district of Montreal.
Our repertoire holds prestigious titles such as 300, Avatar, Hunger Games and Jurassic World, as well as in the last 6 instalments of the Star Wars franchise and the new Disney+ high-end TV series, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi and Andor.
At Hybride, first and foremost, we are good human beings, who value well-being and solidarity. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Hybride, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.