Lead VFX Artist - [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As Lead VFX Artist for the Assassin’s Creed VR team you will be passionate about creating high-quality visual effects that are in-line with the creative direction of the game universe and adhere to any technological budget constraints. In order to give our players an unforgettable experience you’ll use your in-depth understanding of the impact that VFX has and how to smoothly integrate it. You will lead a diverse team in a passionate, fun and creative workplace and maximise their potential as you always strive for excellence.
- As lead you will inspire, manage and develop the VFX team
- You’ll collaborate with the Art Director to ensure the VFX is aligned with the defined vision
- You’ll enjoy giving mentorship and clear direction for the aesthetic and technical requirements
- As part of one of our cutting-edge AAA VR projects, you’ll be ignited with a passion to research and develop new VFX solutions both visually and technically
- Together with the technical art team, you’ll investigate and develop optimised VFX solutions to achieve the highest quality level within the limitations of the platform and project.
- Negotiating the needs of the team will be a challenge you are geared up for
What you’ll bring
- 5 years of VFX experience, having shipped at least 1 title
- 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience optimising VFX for mobile platform preferred
- Your communication skills are excellent; you can clearly explain and document concepts, give feedback to internal artists and are fluent in English both written and verbally.
You as a person
- You’ll build trust with your team and lead with integrity and high emotional intelligence
- You find it easy to collaborate with other departments and be a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility and the player experience
- You are organised and have the experience to deliver time estimates for VFX deliverables, participating in the planning for the projects visual effects.
- When it comes to improving upon existing technologies and developing new ones that raise the bar of the game, you are passionate and curious
- You are a bold and intelligent negotiator
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application and ensure the link is still valid.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English And German Classes For Free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you
- Hybrid Work Model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Düsseldorf region
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/