Project Coordinator (W/M/NB)
- Bordeaux, France
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAAA’s game in order to offer the best gaming experiences to our players. Today, the studio has more than 400 talents, from 15 different nationalities, who work on licenses such as Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil 2, plus other unannounced free-to-play games. We are also working on exciting technologies with the Anvil team, Online services teams and with La Forge who seek to validate the value of technological innovations.
Anvil is a game engine developed in-house at Ubisoft and used throughout our studios to create the company's most iconic video games. Originally developed for the first open-world game Assassin's Creed, released in 2007, the engine has undergone numerous additions to support a wide variety of genres and platforms. From frenetic 5-on-5 team play in a first-person shooter like Rainbow 6 Siege on the PC to mythological adventure in the world of Immortals: Fenyx Rising on the latest generation of consoles or Assassin's Creed licences, the Anvil engine can do it all.
In the Anvil team, we are deeply motivated to equip our developers and content creators to make the most innovative, visually stunning and rewarding games for players. If you join us, you'll be able to work closely with multiple production teams and contribute to the game engine with the most powerful tools and services available. What are you waiting for to join the Anvil community?
We are looking for a Project Coordinator who will support the Anvil team with regards to planning, development processes, methodology, and logistics. Anvil is our in-house developed engine and is a powerful and intelligent engine that gives the power to the content creators. You will be part of a passionate team filled with the latest technology. This role will include driving communication in a diverse and multicultural team.
The team is a dedicated team of experienced developers, focusing on engine sharing and collaboration between Ubisoft studios around the world. Some of the areas we work on are tech sharing, engine improvements, reduction of technical debt, documentation, and training.
What you'll do
- Ensuring that various planning tools are implemented and kept up to date
- Setting up and facilitating the flow of information (e.g. newsletters, minutes of meetings, mailing lists, Jira tasks etc.) among the team members and possibly partner studios
- Coordinate with all affected stakeholders and departments on timeline and requirements, both internally within the Snowdrop teams and the game projects.
- Taking ownership of certain aspects of production and managing the team dedicated to these
- Handling the inventory and ensuring that the right equipment is available for the team (e.g. test/dev kits, computers, TVs, software, etc.)
- Making sure that the floor plans are implemented and followed when work teams are moved, merged and/or restructured
- Ensuring that the onboarding process is systematically implemented
- When needed, the Project Coordinator will mentor employees, lead team meetings, follow up on performance and cultivate team dynamics.
What you'll bring
As our new Project Coordinator, we believe that you are passionate about games, technology, and the craft of setting up an awesome flowchart. You are comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems. It’s important to have a strong communicative skillset, building trustful and strong relations with stakeholders on different levels in the organization. You enjoy working within a multidisciplinary team in an energizing environment, where you will be expected to - through collaboration - achieve the highest quality possible. You show integrity in everything that you do, and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all process smoother for the developers.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our values and the following skills and experience:
- Experienced in project management, project coordination or similar
- Working experience from the video games industry is beneficial
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
· Phone Interview
· Interview(s) with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.