Technical Animator (F/M/NB)
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA titles to deliver the best gaming experiences. Today, the studio is composed of over 400 talents from 20 different nationalities, working on licenses such as Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and other unannounced projects. At the same time, the studio has set up a Tech branch which works on all Ubisoft's online services (named Online Services) and on the Anvil game engine. A R&D unit, La Forge, has also been set up, bringing together engineers and researchers to work on prototypes for game production, particularly in the field of AI.
We are looking for a Technical Animator, to join the Technical Animation team working on our next project, still unannounced.
- Work closely with the animation team to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines
- Integrate, create, and update state machines and blend trees (blueprints)
- Provide technical support for the tools, engine and animation teams
- Interact and collaborate with different teams (Art, Design, Code) to fulfill tasks according to production schedule and development needs
- Be proactive in identifying issues and creating efficient solutions
- Write documentation about technical working processes plus any other knowledge-sharing required
- Interact with the other departments to improve the animation systems in order to get the best possible animations while respecting the technical constraints
- You have a technical profile with a strong interest for the creative aspect of animation
- You have experience in State Machines/Blueprints or other similar Animation systems (Unreal, Unity or propriety).
- Good technical knowledge of the main 3D software – MotionBuilder is a plus
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Excellent capacity to communicate verbally as well as written (both French and English)
- Be adaptable, approachable, and positive in the workplace
- Familiarity with geometric and numerical algorithms
- Strong knowledge of Python and C# (be able to read and understand source code)
- A passion for Videogame development
- Knowledge of C++
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency for the animation team.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Contrat : Permanent contract
- Location : Role based in Bordeaux - France
- Remote Work : Hybrid pace
· Phone Interview with a recruiter
· Interview(s) with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.