Senior VFX Artist [New IP] (523)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Be responsible for, advise on and improve the quality of visual effects for the project and ensure that the work is in line with technical and artistic constraints while supporting the Lead Artist on management-focused tasks.
- Produce high-quality effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints.
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise.
- Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign-off process for own and others' work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback.
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods.
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process.
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team.
- Optimise work and maintain a balance between quality and performance.
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Understand the game design documents in regards to the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style and use them to create game levels.
Skills and Knowledge
- Particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from creation to optimization.
- Problem-solving skills to deliver good results under strict technical constraints.
- Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects for texture creation.
- Node-based shaders and their creation.
- Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows.
- Modelling, texture mapping, materials and post-processing (colour grading etc.).
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce).
- Workload management software/principles (Jira).
- Awareness of typical video game development processes.
- Knowledge of relevant 3D software with particular emphasis on fluid simulation and rigid body dynamics tools (e.g. FumeFx, Rayfire, Realflow etc.) is an advantage.
- Good math skills are a bonus.
- Experience as a visual effects artist or other relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training.
- Experience with real-time game engines and production pipelines.
- Experience working withina photo realistic environment.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.