Senior UI Artist
- Flexible Working Organization: Full remote
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a Senior UI Artist to join our multidisciplinary and international team, where active communication and collaboration is crucial, and where people are eager to achieve the best player experience possible together. As a Senior UI Artist, you will help drive the development of the UI, setting up the UI pipeline, and documentation standards while guiding intermediate/junior UI Artist(s) in following those guidelines.
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Concept and Design and create static and animated UI for in-game screens, features, and content, utilizing Adobe Suite, Figma, or 3D software that are easy to understand, easy to navigate, and convey information for a quality end user experience.
- Provide AAA artwork to support team-wide project communication, vision, and marketing needs.
- Build logical UI flows and produce the final interface work.
- Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels – keeping in mind the overall art treatment and screen-to-screen UI placement, applying and maintaining consistency throughout the entire project interface.
- Communicate and collaborate with all members of the team, helping to establish and maintain team culture.
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs and contribute/iterate on creative solutions.
- Maintain style guide assets to ensure consistency across the department.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge-share with other UI artists.
- Coordinate with the QA department to identify and call out visual inconsistencies.
- 5+ years of game development experience as a UI artist in games or equivalent
- A leadership mindset with a proven ability to work with a team first mentality
- A strong eye for quality and are always seeking to improve.
- Positive attitude toward solving problems with UX and Game Design, considering accessibility and optimization in your work.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to interact with team members of different disciplines and personality types
- An ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience in UI art & design with a desire to actively follow and apply current visual UI trends & UI patterns.
- Extensive graphic and motion design knowledge and skills using Figma and Adobe Suite software
- Ability to build and extend existing UI pipelines and documentation to improve them
- A basic understanding of practical benefits, and limitations, of engine technologies
- A basic understanding of shader creation and special effects
It is a bonus if you have:
- Knowledge or experience with node-based editors, scripting languages, or coding languages (C#, Python, Java, etc.).
- A desire to grow into a leadership role.
- Proven experience developing UI for a AAA production from conception through release.
- Understanding of spritesheet and memory management.
- Portfolio showing a wide range of work.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with match
- New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time
- 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
- Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft are committed to making our own active contribution to global carbon neutrality. In September 2020, we implemented a long-term commitment called Play Green acts on two key priorities:
Reduce the company’s carbon footprint by decarbonizing our direct operations on 4 levers: transition to renewable energy, efficiency, self-restraint and shift towards low carbon alternatives. Inspire team members, partners and players by raising awareness our stakeholders and encouraging positive action for the climate and the environment.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.