Senior Online Engineer
- Production Technology Group Job: No
- Flexible Working Organization: Full remote
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Online Engineer to join our Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland team. If you are a proven online engineer, with a passion for multiplayer games, and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment this may be the position for you!
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Primary responsibility will be programming a variety of game related features for AAA multiplayer online games encompassing elements such as: matchmaking/leaderboards, online persistence, community features and social media integration, data and statistics, anti-cheat, infrastructure design/implementation, live operations management, and optimizations.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 5+ years Online /Multiplayer Programmer experience on a high-profile title or titles for consoles and/or PC.
- Must have shipped at least one multiplayer console title, AAA a plus.
- Strong C/C++ software engineering skills. Python, SQL, Java, or C# a plus
- Implementation experience and strong knowledge of modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns, service development and object-oriented design.
- Experience implementing networked gameplay and dealing with bandwidth and latency issues
- Experience with the implementation and requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models
- A strong understanding of online games, including low-level networking, back-end, and internet connection issues and solutions
- Cloud development or large-scale data store experience like GCP, ELK a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for multiplayer and online gaming
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with match
- New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time
- 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
- Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft are committed to making our own active contribution to global carbon neutrality. In September 2020, we implemented a long-term commitment called Play Green acts on two key priorities:
Reduce the company’s carbon footprint by decarbonizing our direct operations on 4 levers: transition to renewable energy, efficiency, self-restraint and shift towards low carbon alternatives. Inspire team members, partners and players by raising awareness our stakeholders and encouraging positive action for the climate and the environment.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.