- Production Technology Group Job: Yes
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
When you’re a 3D Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
What you’ll do
- Program code customized to the hardware you are working with
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses
- Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision
- Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
- You might attend a 3D tech talk by one of your colleagues on another project or brand – or give one yourself
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in general programming, ideally in the video-game industry, of which at least 2 years in graphics programming (having shipped a video game is an asset)
- A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals and performance
- Experience with HLSL, DirectX
- Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset)
- Experience developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles
- You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation
What to send our way
Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.