- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Production Director, Ubisoft Montréal As a Production Director at Ubi MTL, you’ll plan and guide the overall development of a game. You’ll set its production process up for success and then see it through from conception to completion: tracking and fine-tuning along the way.
With a thorough grasp of the experience we intend to deliver, and the effort involved in producing it, you establish the optimal approach to align our ambitions with our abilities.
Responsible for moving all of the production team forward from one phase to the next, you keep an eye on obstacles that could jeopardize the project as a whole, and adapt accordingly.
Plus, you provide the conditions for everyone to contribute together, combine their complementary expertise, and enable their game – their months of dedication, decision-making, and creation – to reach an audience.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the producer and creative director to assess the overall game vision & project requirements.
- Define the scope of the entire project: create its high-level roadmap and timeline, establish its main deliverables and key milestones, and set its development strategies and budgets.
- Build the project's organizational structure to optimize the team's talents.
- Anticipate and identify risks and setbacks + put plans in place to overcome them.
- Develop communication channels to foster collaboration and interaction between colleagues, co-dev studios, and internal and external partners.
- Monitor progress + sync up with associate producers and production managers to keep the project on pace.
- Reflect on what’s working and what’s not + look for areas of improvement to evolve our processes, methods, and practices.
- Create and maintain a supportive work environment + grow the production team.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in production or project management in the video game industry (or other related experience)
- In-depth knowledge of development pipelines and interdependencies + familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies
- A degree in Project Management or Business Administration (or relevant training)
- An innovative spirit that drives you to explore and bring about new ways of doing things
- The ability to influence change + anticipate blockers and find creative solutions to remove them
- A collaborative mindset
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Consideration of the impact your choices have on creators
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to whatever production (inevitably) throws your way: you can modify any part of your plans based on the situation
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Eric. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.