Senior Development Tester [Anno] (f/m/d)
- Flexible Working Organization: Office-based
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a Senior Development Tester on our team, you are essential to ensuring the quality and stability of our game’s features and content.
With a proactive attitude, you mentor other testers and ensure that all features under your responsibility meet our standards. You believe in working efficiently and testing thoroughly to achieve the best of quality. In close cooperation with your colleagues in programming, art and design, you make sure that software errors or game design problems can be corrected now, prevented later, and never reach our players
What you will do:
- Perform daily tests, report and monitor software errors (bugs) and game design problems in a bug database
- Be responsible for quality and stability of new game content, new features and upcoming release
- Work alongside developers, artists and designers to perform specific tests
- Verify fixes applied by developers (bug regression)
- Validate high risk changes before they are integrated into the main version in order to ensure stability and basic functionality
- Deliver feedback and reports to the development team, on a regular basis as well as on-demand
- Act as a direction-providing mentor for other testers
What you bring:
- Experience on a similar position for at least 4 years
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills, with a proactive and independent work style
- Great understanding of development processes and the needs of different departments throughout a development cycle
- Adapt easily to platform and workload variations
- High expertise in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
- Open to changes and self-improvement
- Knowledge of gaming platforms (Xbox One, PS4, PC, etc)
- Experience with MS Office, Confluence, Sharepoint
- Experience with defect & test case management tools (e.g. JIRA, TestRail)
- Excellent knowledge of English both spoken and written
Nice to have:
*Any coding knowledge
*Experience with automation test methods
*Experience working in global teams
*Familiarity with Ubisoft's line of products and services
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/