VP Editorial, Social F/M/NB
- 94160 Saint-Mandé, France
- Ce poste est ouvert au télétravail.
- Temps complet
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Description de l'entreprise
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft International Production is the headquarters of our network of production studios and plays an essential role in the conception of our games. Closely working with top management and our studios worldwide, our role is to support the various project teams on different topics (production processes, design, content, game direction, financial planning, human resources) in order to enable them to develop high-quality games while maintaining an editorial and strategic coherence. This particular position allows our team members to benefit from a global overview of all our current projects under development.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring an environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create story worlds that will fascinate our audiences.
Description du poste
Do you have an interest in human behaviour and want to create game environments that engage people in social interactions? Do you have the ambition to push the boundaries of gaming experience and thrives on building virtual world that can impact positively our player’s life?
Ubisoft is looking for a VP Editorial Social Experience F/M/NB
The VP Editorial Social Experience will be part of the executive Editorial team and will act as an expert regarding game projects with strong social components, while overseeing the global Social Experience Strategy.
Reporting to our Chief Creative Officer and as a senior leader, you will collaborate with your peers on the definition of the project mandate and its execution, whilst sharing your expertise and creativity around social dynamics and player stories in games.
Pioneering social experience, you will support the core teams during every step of the project and ensure we meet our high-quality game requirement and that we are best in class in terms of social experiences and social features.
More specifically and in collaboration with the Editorial Line Design team that you will be supervising, your core responsibilities will be the following:
You will be accountable for the alignment with the group editorial vision and the Social Approach.
- You will ensure the alignment of the editorial vision between the HQ, the development teams in compliance with the group editorial vision.
- You will secure the alignment of the projects with their respective brands, in collaboration with Brand Managers and Brand Directors in studios and in the HQ.
- You will advise the leadership team on the strategy, new projects, and are actively involved in the definition of Ubisoft’s editorial strategy.
- You will act as Key expert and unite team members around a compelling and ground-breaking Social Experience Strategy
-You will Stay current with social game market trends patterns, and latest social features across platforms
You will ensure the high quality of projects as well as the top priorities related to content.
- Along with the development team, you will make sure that the game pillars are sufficiently strong, unique, and attractive.
- You verify that the top priorities related to content are clearly defined at the beginning of the project mandate, will be respected and followed through during the whole development lifecycle as well as after the launch of the game. You will help the development teams to reorient the project, if necessary.
- You will be able to attest that our quality objectives are reached at each stage of the project development. You will follow-up on the status of the projects, their risks quality-wise, and regularly update the leadership team on the evolution of KPIs.
- You will continuously integrate the reality of production- You are well aware of and understand extensively the reality and stakes of projects production. You will make sure to challenge the development teams, while always keeping in mind the feasibility of the targeted outcome. You will help the teams to fight their way through, take the good decisions, and establish the right action plans.
You have significant working experience in the gaming, entertainment industry.
You will have a background in game and social design, understanding player engagement, social experiences, and how systems impact the player experience.
You will have an understanding of brand DNA and its evolution, including knowledge of all facets of the brand ID, to be able to support the crafting of new IPs.
You have taken part to several game developments and launched several games; you have had significant exposure and experience to different part of game development.
You have a thorough understanding of video game production.
You are a positive leader who believes in the power of diversity – authentic, honest, and know how to create a climate of trust.
You have excellent communication skills to convince and influence effectively while being considerate of the multiple stakeholders you interact with.
Any Ubisoft Location in Europe, or US East coast with frequent Travel to Ubisoft HQ in Paris, France, or to any of our global production studio.
Your English is proficient (in speaking and writing).