Senior Game and Server Programmer - Blue Mammoth Games
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Blue Mammoth Games is a Ubisoft studio in Atlanta, Georgia. We developed and published Brawlhalla, now available on all platforms including mobile. At Blue Mammoth, you'll find the friendliness, energy, and opportunity of an independent game developer with the professionalism and stability of a long established studio. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Our studio develops online games that serve huge player bases worldwide on a variety of platforms. We are looking for an experienced software developer who can write solid, reliable code that can handle hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
What you'll do:
- Write reliable and maintainable game and server code that can safely handle a growing userbase
- Design and implement game features that span both the server and game client
- Define SQL schema to support new game features
- Assist in the deployment of game updates
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines on new game features
- Identify and fix crashes and bugs affecting our game clients or servers
- Test your own code thoroughly and assist QA in formulating a test plan for features you've developed
- Work in a large existing codebase and review other programmers' code
- Provide technical leadership and mentor less experienced engineers
What you'll bring:
- Solid knowledge of C++ and programming concepts
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to break down large problems into well organized concepts and tasks
- Ability to manage your own work and operate independently
- Experience with storing data in SQL databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate well with programmers, designers and artists
- Have a passion for video games and delivering the best player experience
We also appreciate:
- Prior devops or operations experience
- Prior work in a professional video game studio
- Prior experience writing server code
- Experience programming console or mobile games
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
Ubisoft and Blue Mammoth Games are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.