3D Programmer / Graphics Programmer [Anno] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
- Production Technology Group Job: No
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a 3D Programmer on our team, you will develop strong architectures which take our engine to the next level. Besides implementing new functionalities, you will also maintain existing tools and frameworks while helping to ensure that we extract every bit of speed and performance from our platform. Our studio values a high level of teamwork, commitment and open communication, so you should be eager to drive improvements and just as comfortable speaking to our artists and designers as you are discussing code with fellow programmers.
What you will do:
- Maintain and extend the existing engine, tools and frameworks
- Research new rendering techniques
- Analyze performance and optimize code
- Collaborate with game designers/level designers/artists
What you bring:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Experience with programming 3D graphics applications using current rendering APIs (Direct3D 11/12, Vulkan) and shader languages
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Good understanding of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with multi-threaded architectures
- Ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Good communication and English skills
- Ability and desire to work as a team player
- Self-direction and motivation
- Passion for making and playing games
Nice to have:
- Good programming skills in C++/CLI or C#
- Experience with performance critical programming
- Experience with GPU performance analysis and tools
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/