Senior Gameplay Programmer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Production Technology Group Job: No
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
As part of Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
- Design, implement, test and document the technical aspects of features for a AAA game on PC & console
- Work together with other international Ubisoft studios
- Work with game designers and fellow programmers to conceptualize and realize the functionality
- Analyze and understand game design to define required features and game systems to be developed
- Development of features within a multi-threaded environment.
- Implement and optimize systems in C++ with designers
- Analyse and understand game design to define requirements for features and game systems to be developed.
- Plan your schedule effectively using AGILE methodology
- Identify and resolve bugs identified by people from other disciplines, the quality control team, and your peers.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience in video game programming
- Experience in mentoring and supporting more junior team members
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of multithreaded development
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Ability to provide solid estimations
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; we integrate directly with teams around the world
- Fluent in English
What We Bring
We offer the opportunity to work on a brand-new IP from Ubisoft, where you will get the chance to put your own mark on the game!
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
Feel free to apply directly on our website https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/