Senior Level Designer - [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Senior Level Designer for Assassin's Creed VR. You will join one of the largest teams of VR experts globally working on this critically acclaimed IP with an enormous and passionate fanbase in a multi-studio project. The beauty of VR is the depth of experience and excitement you can create with the medium. You'll be an essential part of the level design team, building the immersive world for the player to fall in love with.
You will be responsible for creating game levels and implementing gameplay situations based on the creative vision. Driving the game’s vision by building levels and working with others to achieve a consistent flow throughout all levels built for the game, you'll be an essential part of the team.
Passionate about sharing knowledge, you'll have the opportunity to coach less experienced members and share best practices.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- Create high quality AAA game levels in VR and implement game-play situations based on the creative vision and narrative design.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of multiple biomes / level styles
- Manage the levels through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization
- Maintain and balance the readability, difficulty and accessibility of the levels
- Understand and apply the narrative and emotional ambition for the environments you are responsible for
- Mentor less experienced level designers and share your knowledge with your peers
- 5+ years of experience in game development and track record of amazing games
- Ability to create fun and exciting levels using a complex array of mechanics
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and environmental story telling
- Expert knowledge of level design rules and practices
- Familiar with large scale level design production workflow
- Comfortable with indoor and outdoor level design
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written (No German is required)
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player
- A passion for creating worlds and a love for games
- Experience with various level editors to create levels in AAA environment
- Experience and passion for VR a strong bonus
Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying. Kindly ensure you list the names of your projects and provide links if possible.
- Relocation Support
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year + 11 public holidays
- Core working hours 10am-4pm
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support (Per child every month)
- Free games
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Card
- Paid sick days and 50% Health Insurance paid
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.