Character Artist [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
As a Character Artist you will be creating AAA characters and character related assets in our art production teams. You will be involved in the character creation process from start to finish, being responsible for sculpting, modeling, texturing and setting up characters in the engine. You will be working closely together with Technical Artists and Animators to push the visual and technical quality to the next level.
- Development of high-quality AAA characters and character related 3D assets in a realistic and stylized art style
- Close collaboration with the Art Director and Lead Artist to work within the visual style of the game
- Balance quality and efficiency of work to gain the best possible results within in the given time frame and technical constraints
- Ability to skilfully optimize characters to game-ready quality
- Ensure performance and technical quality of 3D character assets
- Integration of character assets into the game engine and verifying visual quality
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams globally on a daily basis
- Experience as a character artist in game development.
- Understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to improve them, then optimize as required for final product.
- Very good skills in Zbrush, at least one of the major 3D modeling packages (Maya, 3DS Max) and Marvelous Designer
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter and Photoshop
- Strong sculpting, texturing and painting skills
- Ability to create highly realistic characters that meet AAA standards
- Good working knowledge with at least one AAA game engine
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written (No German is required to work in our studio)
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com