Graduate Programmer [YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE] (471)
- Royal Leamington Spa, UK
- Production Technology Group Job: No
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2021 or be graduating in 2022 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a graduate visa or already have the right to work in the UK.
A career at Ubisoft Leamington and Ubisoft Reflections opens doors to new worlds.
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
What will you do as a Junior Programmer?
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for implementing software components under the supervision of their lead or another programmer;
- Use practical solutions to implement feature requests;
- Be aware of technical constraints for systems/features;
- Write clear and well-structured code using the appropriate data structure and algorithms while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Include comments in the code and document implemented features;
- Code incrementally and take care not to break existing features;
- Carry out regular functional check-ins, to progressively integrate development into the shared code base;
- Ensure that code changes are fully tested by yourself and involving dev QC when appropriate;
- Follow all relevant guidelines and processes, including coding standards, check-in procedures and code reviews;
- Show the ability to use the relevant tools of their job including Visual Studio and perforce;
- Keep abreast of technology advances within the field.
What you will bring to the job
- Good C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development and some experience with design patterns;
- Some prior experience working with a game codebase, and it's modules, middleware and associated pipeline;
- Basic understanding of speed and memory considerations;
- Some knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.