Graduate Technical Artist [YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE] (478)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2021 or be graduating in 2022 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a graduate visa or already have the right to work in the UK.
A career at Ubisoft Leamington and Ubisoft Reflections opens doors to new worlds.
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
What will you do as a Junior Technical Artist?
As a Junior Technical Artist you will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
- Provide documentation of the art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
- Profile game scenes and ensure assets are game ready;
- Work with other team members to find ways to improve quality standards on the project;
- Assist in the optimisation of content for memory and performance gains;
- Assist the Technical Art Director with the creation of documentation;
- Help to improve the pipelines and skills needed to for the production art team;
- Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
- Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
- Document approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
- Work with the Technical Art Director and Senior Technical Artists to identify ways to increase efficiencies in process and production pipelines;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director with any ad-hoc tasks and duties.
What you will bring to the job
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive and results orientated;
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
- Basic knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
- Interest and knowledge in scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Good time management and prioritisation skills;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Understanding of art asset pipelines;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.