Graduate Character Artist [YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE] (477)
- Royal Leamington Spa, UK
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2021 or be graduating in 2022 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a graduate visa or already have the right to work in the UK.
A career at Ubisoft Leamington and Ubisoft Reflections opens doors to new worlds.
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
What will you do as a Junior Character Artist?
Working as part of the Character Art team, as a Junior Character Artist you will assist in the creation of engaging characters.
- Create character models in line with technical requirements and artistic direction;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Support the Lead Character Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties;
What you will bring to the job
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- An understanding of shader and texture pipelines;
- Good understanding of animal and human anatomy;
- A Good knowledge of hard surface modelling and retopology techniques;
- Experience with sculpting tools such as Zbrush;
- Experience with modelling packages such as Max, Maya or Blender.
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable;
- Experience with cloth simulation packages such as Marvellous Designer is desirable.
- Experience with hair generation software such as XGen is desirable;
- A knowledge of character skinning is desirable;
- An understanding of data management software (e.g Perforce) is desirable;
- Knowledge of the video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics, Art or other relevant subject.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.