Graduate UI Artist [YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE] (475)
- Royal Leamington Spa, UK
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2021 or be graduating in 2022 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a graduate visa or already have the right to work in the UK.
A career at Ubisoft Leamington and Ubisoft Reflections opens doors to new worlds.
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
What will you do as a Junior UI Artist?
As a Junior UI Artist, you will work as part of the UI team to produce high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic asthenic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project.
- Design and create UI content for menus and in-game HUD in line with the style guide;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Develop and maintain an understanding of UX and Design requirements;
- Produce optimised assets in line with the technical requirements and conventions;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
What you will bring to the job
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good graphics design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable;
- Basic motion graphics skills;
- Basic prototyping skills (such as Adobe XD) is desirable;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art or other relevant subject.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.