Graduate Technical Designer [YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE] (479)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2021 or be graduating in 2022 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a graduate visa or already have the right to work in the UK.
A career at Ubisoft Leamington and Ubisoft Reflections opens doors to new worlds.
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
What will you do as a Junior Technical Designer?
As a Junior Technical Designer you will assist in the creation and implementation of design elements while working within a collaborative multidiscipline environment.
- Integrate assigned levels with support from team members;
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level according to the creative vision of the project;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools developed by the Technical Design team and provide relevant feedback;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work in line with the defined quality standards for the project;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Develop an understanding of Rational Level Design theory and implement content according to defined guidelines;
- Maintain and update relevant documentation as part of the design process;
- Work with internal quality control team as part of any debugging process by communicating and working towards resolving any reported issues;
- Participate in regular content reviews with the team to generate feedback and incorporate changes as required;
- Participate in the playtest process and observe player actions on the project to generate feedback for the team;
- Support the Lead Level Designer with any other ad hoc tasks and duties.
What you will bring to the job
- Basic knowledge of visual scripting interfaces (such as Blueprints, FlowGraph, etc.);
- Basic understanding of level design workflow as part of the production pipeline;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.);
- Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
- Good knowledge of level editors;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Adaptability and proactivity;
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Good understanding of consumer needs and market trends;
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or other relevant subject.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.