Narrative Director [New IP] (450)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Translate the creative vision for the project and ensure it is implemented into the game while overseeing the quality, variety and emergent narrative elements that make up a living, breathing, reactive world.
- Work with the content direction team to ensure that the narrative of the game meets the intended vision;
- Identify the key narrative pillars, communicate, and drive the narrative vision throughout game development
- Find innovative ways to communicate stories through the world that promotes player agency;
- Determine the production priorities and eventual scope adjustments with the Producer and content directors;
- Support writers in developing content (plot, setting, characters, barks, dialogue, events, lore, item descriptions, tutorials, etc.) & provide guidance to scriptwriters to achieve quality;
- Support and guide world lore team in researching history, locations, and events to develop the game’s narrative vision and underlying themes;
- Harmonise the intended vision of the project across all collaborating studios and ensure expectations are met;
- Cast actors & guide voice-over and motion capture recordings;
- Participate in recruitment to build your scriptwriting team & foster their growth.
Skills and Knowledge
- Passionate about playing and making games;
- In-depth knowledge of narrative within the games industry;
- Creative, flexible and a good team player;
- Ability to see the strategic and wider picture;
- Good analytical and decision making skills;
- Ability to resolve complex issues;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.