Studio Engineering Manager (463)
- Royal Leamington Spa, UK
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Elevate the profile of the Engineering discipline consistently across both studios and the wider Ubisoft group whilst ensuring optimal staffing, development, growth within the team and maximising talent retention.
- Be the direct Line Manager for all Leads and Secondary Manager for all others in the discipline, across the Studio;
- Have regular one to ones with Leads in conversation with Directors and Producers;
- Attend and input into project staffing/FTE meetings;
- Ensure effective succession planning to facilitate Studio staffing and strategy requirements;
- Champion best practices and levelling up the discipline as a whole;
- Stay abreast of trends in the discipline and setting up suitable sharing/training programs;
- Work with HR and project teams to ensure a consistent and comprehensive onboarding programme for all;
- Participate in all discipline specific interviews collating feedback and acting as primary hiring manager;
- Meet monthly with the Resource and Development Manager to map out current skill sets and future potential within the Discipline as well as identifying key talent;
- Work with Learning & Development to identify core skills development and soft skill training needs;
- Identify opportunities for team members to attend external events and conferences both as a representative of Ubisoft and a delegate;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and highlight key risks or skill gaps with team members;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Support HR in the Salary and Performance Review process;
- Any other ad hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive, autonomous and self-driven approach to work with demonstrable application of initiative;
- Ability to accept and deliver feedback and adapt to change;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Up-to-date knowledge on current and emerging trends in visual communication;
- The ability to travel frequently and regularly (a minimum of 6 days over 2 trips per month) between Reflections and Leamington as well as other Studios in the Ubisoft Group as required;
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 10 years’ minimum experience as a Software Engineer with a preference for Video Games engineering;
- 5 years’ minimum experience as in a lead/management role or other relevant experience;
- Robust understanding of computer and software architecture;
- Significant experience with object oriented programming languages;
- Experience working on multi-site projects and/or studios essential.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.