Web Developer (466)
- Royal Leamington Spa, UK
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As a Web Developer at our studio you will have the opportunity to be a part of a small internal team which punches above its weight in the value it brings to the studio and our game projects. As a part of our Productivity & Infrastructure Team, the web team develops and maintains proprietary solutions which are used both locally and globally within Ubisoft. We help our teams work efficiently and support them in improving the quality of the games we produce.
What you will do
- You will assist the team to maintain, enhance, refactor and add functionality to new or existing in-house web applications in support of both the studio and game projects;
- Maintain an active development involvement in several applications simultaneously;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
- Write clear and well-structured code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Follow and contribute to coding, deployment and documentation standards within the team;
- Contribute to a highly stable user experience through appropriate testing and careful management of the deployment process;
- Stay up to date with technology advances within the field and contribute to the ongoing skill growth within the team;
- Participate in and request code reviews as required;
- Support your manager and team with any ad-hoc duties relevant to maintaining and enhancing the high quality of service the team currently provides;
- Embody the practice of continuous improvement.
What you will bring
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Git, Perforce)
- Knowledge of web development frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, C# .Net, Laravel)
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. MongoDB, SQL)
- Knowledge of creating and interacting with REST APIs
- Able to identify practical and efficient solutions to implement feature requests
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of application deployment pipelines and tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab) is desirable
- Knowledge of analytics systems (e.g. Kibana, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience gained from practical work experience in commercial software development with significant involvement in 1 published or live project as a web developer
- Experience in device and browser compatibility is desirable
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Code and source control is desirable
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.