Lead/Senior Lighting Artist
- Chengdu, Sichuan, China
- Flexible Working Organization: Office-based
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com or our WeChat account (UBISOFT育碧or 育碧招聘).
同时，育碧成都工作室也是研发前沿性技术的领军者，其“Games As A Service (GAAS)” 的理念带领企业不断推陈出新。成都工作室的技术团队开发的产品被运用于育碧旗下众多知名游戏品牌，有效协助研发团队基于科学数据做出准确决策。
About the role
Lead/Senior Lighting Artist will be responsible for producing all lighting effects for exciting games produced in Chengdu, project such as Skull & Bones, Immortals Fenyx Rising, For Honor, Rabbids Party and Assassin's Creed. For Lead Lighting Artist, you will also be responsible for developing and leading the lighting artist team in Chengdu.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting (E.g. Dynamic, Pre-Baked, Interior and Exterior and NPC Dialogue scenes)
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for Real Time game application
- Collaborate with other departments to create atmospheric lighting that communicates mood, storytelling and gameplay intention
- Work with Art Director and Leads to maintain Artistic consistency
- Follows up and evaluates the lighting art team.
- Leads, mobilizes and develops a team of lighting artists.
- Prioritizes and manages the team’s day-to-day tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time, within budget and to production teams specifications.
- Produces artistic benchmarks for the production teams.
- Creates and optimizes artistic elements as a generalist in lighting art - environments, characters, objects, interfaces, SFX, lighting, shading or technical art.
- Oversees quality and style of art assets and ensures their consistency with the artistic direction.
- Counsels less experienced artists.
- Good sense of composition and colors
- Good sense of lighting
- Good sense of Staging
- Good sense of acting
Video Game Background
- Global industry knowledge of real-time rendering
- Awareness of current generation Industry benchmark
- Experience on 24 hours dynamic time of day lighting set in the game
- Basic experience on dynamic weather, VFX, Lighting realization
- Good adaptation to in-house Game Engine
- Autonomous & able to seek Art and Tech Solution
- Seek for improvements and be receptive to frequent feedback
- Able to collaborate internally and across studios
- Keen to learn and keep up with changing technology