Senior Level Designer
- Helsinki, Finland
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Are you a Game Designer with an insight into the latest trends and tricks in competitive PvP levels? Do you know what to anticipate when a prototyping team grows towards building a world-class game? This might be an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
We are now looking for a
Senior Level Designer
We have recently kick-started a new project and your role as our Senior Level Designer would be to both theoretically conceptualize and technically build levels for this new groundbreaking project. Your objective is to understand the creative vision of the game and create levels that will make our players replay the game for hundreds of hours!
There is an opportunity to grow in the role to lead level design if that matches your career aspirations. The first year will be spent on hands-on work and we value a strong entrepreneurial mindset. You will work closely with other designers regarding the overall vision and gameplay, with programmers to develop and enhance our tools and systems, and with artists to make sure the environment stays readable for players.
The team has created the initial game idea and is now starting an exciting period of rapid prototyping. We would also like to mention that we work in a hybrid model, enjoying the flexibility of both off- and onsite work. If you are living outside Finland, we might be able to explore the option of full remote work.
- Conceptualize the design of levels for a competitive game with a brand-new approach to interaction with the environment
- Help craft the level design framework and pipeline for the project
- Build level design prototypes to test players interactions with the environment
- Actively participate in design reviews and design team meetings
- Collaborate with other designers and the engineering team to develop and enhance tools and processes used in level creations
- Create clear and synthetic design documents
- In-depth understanding of map layout and balance in a competitive game
- Ability to create level concepts and blockout in a level editor.
- Mastery of level design creation pipelines with the rest of the team (design, engineer, art, production)
- Ability to analyze data and feedback to improve the level design
- Ability to take ownership and tackle new challenges proactively
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Strong logical reasoning skills and an analytical mindset
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge with others
- Good knowledge of the latest trends in competitive PvP games
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
We also appreciate
- Involvement in shipped competitive PvP games
- Knowledge in scripting/programming
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 12th of December but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! In the meantime explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.