Lead or Senior Programmer
- Helsinki, Finland
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Are you an all-rounder when it comes to game programming? Are you curious to explore different solutions as part of a new team creating a world-class game? This might be an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
We are now looking for a
Lead or Senior Programmer
We have recently kick-started a new project and your role as the Lead or Senior Programmer would be to create the technical backbone of the game as well as the technical production pipeline. You will provide technical solutions to the development team so they can carry out their vision and intentions into the game. You will develop engine, tools and systems to ensure the first prototype works and ultimately ensure the optimal and sustainable technical performance of the game and pipeline.
There is an opportunity to grow in the role to steer technical architecture and programming teams if that matches your career aspirations. The first year will be spent on hands-on programming work and we value an entrepreneurial mindset.
We offer you an opportunity to join a compact team of game developers to deliver a top-tier game with a new IP. The team has created the initial game idea and is now entering an exciting period of rapid prototyping. They are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you to their assembly and making things happen! We would also like to mention that we work in a hybrid model, enjoying the flexibility of both off- and onsite work. If you are living outside Finland, we might be able to explore the option of fully remote work.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to evaluate technical possibilities
- Explore and implement various technical systems and tools
- Implement and refactor engine features to support the project’s technical needs
- Analyze and understand the game design to define required features and game systems - suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems or modifying existing systems
- Make use of iterative prototyping to demonstrate the validity of the technical features and eventually (when entering the production stage) ensure that developed features and systems meet expectations and coding standards
- Deliver robust and flexible code
- Anticipate complex problems and propose respective solutions, considering the entire production pipeline
- Solid experience from modern game engines and a never-ending curiosity for the games industry and new technology.
- Advanced skills in C++ (skills C# and WPF are a plus)
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, such as game object management and online networking preferred
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices, design patterns and software architecture
- Strong ability for analyzing and optimizing existing systems - you have a creative mindset to problem-solving, and you also know when you don’t need to re-invent the wheel
- Self-motivated team player and good experience working closely with other game developers
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
We also appreciate
- Experience in developing or running online multiplayer games
- Interest or ability to lead people and technical architecture
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 12th of December but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! In the meantime explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.