Regional Employee Relations Director Europe (F/H/NB)
- Paris, France
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
As Ubisoft Employee Relations Director Europe, you’ll ensure a respectful, safe and inclusive work environment for all European employees by strengthening our Global employee relations practices.
Reporting to the VP Global Employee Relations, you’ll create and execute programs at scale, plus drive significant, sustainable improvements in the Ubisoft employee experience.
An expert in conflict prevention, resolution, and mediation with a penchant for organizational transformation, you’ll focus your efforts on preventing and resolving matters of harassment and discrimination, respect and civility in the workplace, and any other issues or misunderstandings to positively shape our environment permanently.
The Employee Relations Director Europe will also provide consultation and collaboration with senior HRBP and business leaders. Serving as a primary point of contact for significant Employee Relations issues in Europe, the Employee Relations Director Europe will coordinate with other HR functions to ensure cohesion with our practices, procedures, polices and processes.
What you’ll do
In a role focused on conflict prevention, resolution, mediation, and knowledge sharing, you’ll:
- Be responsible to implement and maintain the Employee Relations strategy and governance in Europe that aligns with Global Employee Relations strategy, ensuring our Code of Conduct and HR policies are embedded in the Human Resources’ organization.
- Manage and coordinate Employee Relations and whistleblowing issues and investigations, acting as a point of escalation, coaching, and developing HR Business Partners/Directors, Business Leaders on the resolution of Employee Relations matters.
- Provide input to ensure policies and processes are fit for purpose with regard to local country, legal regulations, and market practices with a focus on simplify ways of working and policy to create a positive employee experience.
- Collaborate with local HRs, Business Leaders, Employee Relations and Social experts in developing and maintaining a good relationship with their staff representatives in France and other countries within and outside of Europe.
- Cultivate a collaborative and constructive partnership between Corporate HQ and the European local teams to share information and positively lead change in creating a respectful, safe, and inclusive environment.
- Be responsible for proactive and preventative policy communications, education and training for HR and line management.
- Proven professional experience in employee relations or strong HR business partner with crisis management and conflict resolution experience.
- Experience running investigations, performing risk analysis, and providing expert interventions related to workplace conflict.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of European employment laws, regulations, and trends, working knowledge of French labor relations a plus.
- Ability to operate independently and manage significant activities and resources to produce and take responsibility for results, comfortable with navigating ambiguity.
- Experience building collaborative relationships across functions, disciplines, and countries, in a multi-cultural and diverse work environment; adept at incorporating cultural perspectives.
- Experience in and a commitment to incorporating employee engagement, diversity and inclusion and gender equality in all facets of work.
- Advanced French and English communication skills (verbal and written) + the ability to build strong and trustful relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate creative and collaborative ways to mitigate key risks with the business.
- Understanding of the gaming industry and the specific stages of game development a plus.
Don’t hesitate and send us your application if you want to join us in this position at our International HQ based in Saint-Mandé.
Joining Ubisoft means joining a company that sends you all the thrilling vibes and energy you can find in a startup, along with all the perks of a big company! These include:
- Profit sharing
- 4 free video games/year (ours of course ;))
- A workplace team dedicated to make your daily work experience at Ubisoft the best: Monday morning breakfasts, rest areas, gaming areas, free hot drinks and fresh fruit, discount on a wide range of shows…
- And that’s naming just a few!
If you are interested in this position and reckon you have what it takes, all you have left to do is send in your application via SmartRecruiters. We will get back to you within 3 weeks and if we think your profile matches the needs for the role, we will organize a 20-30 minutes phonecall, followed up by 1 to 2 interviews.
We look forward to reading you!!
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
The position is attached to the International Headquarter.