Senior C++ Programmer [Ubisoft Connect PC & Access] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Joining Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly. .
Martin Lavoie (Online Technology Director): "Ubisoft Connect is unique in the industry, as it is the only cross-game, cross-platform destination for players to access everything about their games, and to socialize, share, and contribute. We see it as a next-generation gaming and community ecosystem that removes barriers between devices to let you play your Ubisoft games, whether on PC, console, mobile, or a streaming service."
You will help us create the fundamental frameworks that we build our features on, by contributing to architectural decisions and developing base libraries, plugin frameworks, multithreading, message exchange system, process management, API programming and more.
You will be using a variety of technologies and programming languages, including but not limited to C++ 14/17/20, CEF, CMake, Conan, WinAPI.
- Work on the client-side codebase of Ubisoft Connect
- This covers topics such as: game content related data management (e.g., achievements), social features (e.g., chat, friends), user interface, game data distribution, in-game overlay, user-generated content, shop, and much more.
- Write clear, modular and maintainable code.
- Helping us defining best practices
- Creating Design Patterns
- Working on technical designs, Architecture, new features as well as steady improvements of existing code
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.
- 7+ years of programming experience
- Expert knowledge in a modern version of C++
- Experience with Multithreading
- Knowledge about API programming
- Knowledge in either Windows API or CEF
- Fluent in oral and written English
Nice to have
- Programming experience on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Protocol Buffers
What We Bring
We offer the opportunity to work on a massive platform that supports millions of users.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
Curios to learn more? check out our launch trailer and our blog post about Ubisoft Connect:
Feel free to apply directly on our website https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/