VFX Artist (M/NB/W) - Ubisoft Paris Studio
- Paris, France
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
The Ubisoft Paris studio is looking for a VFX Artist to join the production of a AAA project in early production.
As such, your missions will be the following:
- Understand the artistic direction and overall creative vision in order to prioritize the visual effects;
- Create environmental, gameplay and cinematic effects;
- Collaborate with programming teams to assess needs and develop new tools;
- Work within technical constraints to ensure that the effects are functional;
- Participate in the integration of your VFX into the game engine;
- Listen to the comments of the teams you collaborate with.
- You have experience in dynamics, modeling, lighting, image processing, ideally on AA or AAA productions;
- You have extensive knowledge of game engine particle editors and tools (Unity, Unreal ...), texture and shader creation, and DCC 3D (Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini ...) ;
- Autonomous and organized, you have the experience to deliver time estimates for VFX deliverables, participating in the planning for the project’s visual effects.
- You have an interest in discovering and learning new software;
- You have excellent communication skills that allow you to collaborate with other departments and be a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility, and the player experience.
/!\ A portfolio, Demo Reel, website, or anything showing your work is mandatory or your application couldn’t be evaluated properly.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.