C++ Backend Developer [Security & Risk Management] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: Office-based
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to delivering AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and production technologies.
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
As our new C++ Backend Developer, you will be part of our Production Technology department at Ubisoft.
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life.
From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community to leverage the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
Security & Risk Management Team
Within the production Technology department, you will be a part of the Security & Risk Management team and help develop solutions that support Ubisoft in maintaining the integrity of its games. Tackling security risks can cover a wide range such as cheating, server security and information disclosure.
As our newest colleague, you would be maintaining, managing, and extending the custom C++ backend solution, as well as developing new solutions to facilitate analytics and operations.
Your primary objective is to develop and improve the online part of new and/or existing security solutions that’ll be used directly or indirectly by our game development teams to maintain the security of their games.
- Actively participate in planning, designing, developing and testing the solutions.
- Evaluate and select tools and technology for new features or improvements.
- Perform load tests and optimize bottlenecks.
- Actively work on the deployment and live operation processes for our online backend.
- Improve security and resilience of the existing systems.
- Connect the existing backend to other online systems within Ubisoft
- Integrate databases where needed.
- Acquire knowledge of the online part of existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members for adapting the online services to specific
- Good knowledge of C++
- 2+ years of professional experience in a software development field
- Experience in developing scale-able online systems
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases, including data-modelling and administration
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Proficiency in oral and written English
Bonus if you have a good understanding of:
- Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of online services
- Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games
- Continuous integration and automated deployment
- Cloud-hosted infrastructure
- Asynchronous patterns
- Reverse engineering
What We Bring
We offer the opportunity to work on online systems and services that impact millions of players!
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 12 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. (The main language in the studio is English.)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For further information: https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/