Tools Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. We have development studios in 28 countries and sell video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The youngest studio in the German network, Ubisoft Berlin is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an yet unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
We have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As a Tools Programmer, you will join our team to develop systems supporting artistic creation. You will work in close relation with artists and technical artists to improve our tools to shape the future of Ubisoft asset pipelines & workflows.
What you will do
- Work closely with other programmers to build functional systems following existing and new technical designs
- Develop and maintain tools’ backend and assist the development of frontends for it
- Design efficient interfaces to better interconnect with existing and new systems
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functions
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. Collaborating with multiple productions and teams across Ubisoft, the most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What you bring
- Good understanding of modern C/C++
- Some knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of mathematics and geometry
- Ability to collaborate with the content teams to reach the highest possible visual quality
- Ability to work in large teams, and with teams working remotely, sometimes in different time zones
- Excellent communication skills in general, as well as written and spoken English
- Curiosity about cutting edge technology and the desire to expand and share new insights
Bonus points for
- Experience with tool development in close collaboration with artists
- Experience working with digital content creator software (Maya, 3D Max, Houdini) and their APIs
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe people do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for an employee to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com