Lead VFX Artist [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
As Lead VFX Artist you will drive the creation of high-quality visual effects with the collaboration of the creative direction of the game. You will work closely with the tech art team to define technical budget constraints; and be a champion for performance. As lead you will inspire, manage, and develop the VFX team.
What you’ll be doing
- Create high-quality environmental, gameplay, and cinematic effects.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to ensure the VFX is aligned with the defined vision.
- Give mentorship and clear direction for the aesthetic and technical requirements to more junior members of the team.
- Research and develop innovative VFX solutions adapted to the needs of the project.
- Identify and set up the best workflow and pipeline practices.
- Together with the technical art team, you’ll investigate and develop optimized VFX solutions to achieve the highest quality level within the limitations of the platform and project.
What you’ll bring
- 5 years of Real-Time VFX experience, having shipped at least 1 title.
- You have expert knowledge of game engine particle editors and tools, texture and shader creation, and 3D DCCs.
- Experience in a leadership role, or the desire to grow into that position.
- You navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset.
- Your communication skills are excellent; you can clearly explain and document concepts, give feedback to internal artists and are fluent in English both written and verbally.
- You find it easy to collaborate with other departments and be a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility, and the player experience.
- You are organized and have the experience to deliver time estimates for VFX deliverables, participating in the planning for the project’s visual effects.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com