AI Programmer [Star Wars Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Programmer to help us create awesome player experiences through AI. To do this, you will work closely with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other gameplay programmers to develop new AI features and systems within Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop. You will work on the full lifetime of feature development, from conception through to the game release. You will have a big impact both on what we create and how we create it.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other disciplines to design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing AI systems and player centric features
- Development in a C++ multithreaded engine, using modern techniques
- Drive initiatives related to creating and improving systems and be responsible for the quality and performance of those systems
- Documenting your work to transfer knowledge and enabling users how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Impact how the team works, both internally and with developers from other teams within the project and studio.
What you’ll bring
We hope you share a passion for game development, that you enjoy working autonomously and know how to structure your tasks. You co-operate and communicate effectively with other developers both within and outside of your team. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience as an AI Programmer on AA or AAA projects
- Professional experience working with C++ programming in the games industry
- Knowledge of the process and life-cycle of games development
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.