Lead Level Designer
- Pune, India
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
About the organization
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
Job Title: - Lead Level Designer
**Note**:Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
- Lead the level design and contribute content to a talented team creating compelling multiplayer levels and open world spaces from the ground up
- Block-out, build, playtest, and tune 3D levels through various phases of development
- Collaborate with the Design team, Artists, and Engineers to refine player experiences and spaces to fulfill the creative vision of the product
- Team with Art Direction and Art team to ensure visually compelling levels using composition skills such as form, shape and color
- Partner with Technical teams to ensure levels will meet the technical requirements of the game
- Ensure that levels will meet design requirements for game modes
- Contribute throughout pre-production processes to plan content and ensure the level design team is set up for success
- Prioritize work, communicate progress, and give useful and meaningful feedback to meet deadlines and help the level teams accomplish their goals
- 5+ years professional level design experience
- Lead level design credit on at least one shipped title.
- Scripting language experience
- Ability to lead other level designers through direct and indirect collaboration
- College degree preferred
- Capacity to understand the creative direction of a game and to embody this vision in the creation of challenges,
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to express ideas clearly, both verbally and through presentations.
- Autonomous, rigorous and inventive, you possess a very good knowledge of video games in general, as well as knowledge of one or more game engines.
- Proactive and curious, you have a thorough knowledge and understanding of gameplay.
- You have shipped at least one significant console or PC game as a level designer.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.