Lead Community Manager
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Flexible Working Organization: To be discussed
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is a multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and a 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers a vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, a vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Abu Dhabi has also ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is looking for a Lead Community Manager to support the commercial success of their free to play mobile games. The Lead Community Manager will have complete responsibility for the community team and related business decisions. The ideal candidate will have a background in community and social media within F2P games.
- Own community and social media responsibilities, budgeting, tools improvement and design
- Provide detailed insights regarding community sentiment, analysis and in turn directly influence the development of our games
- Advise higher management team on long term decision making and roadmap planning for community management and social media
- Produce performance reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Be a hub between Community Management, and the Production teams, but also external stakeholders
- Manage a team internally to help you carrying out your objectives and coordinate with external resources to provide a 24/7 coverage of the game
- Evaluate and escalate the game emergencies to the Dev team and organize the follow-up and communication with the community
- Implement and enhance influencer management and content creator programs
- From a F2P gaming background, already worked in a similar environment
- Strong communication and project management skills. Able to collaborate with and inspire teams to achieve goals
- Has managed and led a team in a relevant position, ideally both internal and external teams
- Committed to participate to the creation and operation of games of the highest quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office suite is essential
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
- Taking the full ownership of tasks is crucial
- BA/ BS degree
- 3-5 years in a community management role
- Experience of live operations of a successful Free to Play mobile game
- Strong familiarity with iOS and Android freemium games marketplaces, trends, and best practices
- Experience with games with an open economy driven by players is desirable